Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Birthday Dinner at Marche

So. Getting back to a few weeks ago. The boyfriend, my parents and I went to Marche for my birthday dinner. For whatever reason blogger is not letting vertical images be vertical (this is getting on my nerves) so you'll simply have to crick your neck to the left and take in the lovely pate appetizer we started the meal with. Actually I started the meal with a very cold and very dirty vodka martini...and it was good.
We shared three appetizers: pate plate, duck liver mousse with caramalized onion marmalade and escargots. My mother really enjoyed the escargots, they had a fair amount of pernod in them. I was a fan of the pate.

I then had a salad with poached egg. The salad had lardon and roquefort cheese and was very nice.
Again with the non-verticality. I had the moules frites. They weren't bad but if I go back I'd proably try the coq-au-vin or my father had a very satisfying rabbit dish.
For dessert a little creme brulee with funny birthday candle. And to finish the meal I had an espresso and a courvoisier. Happy birthday me!

No comments: