Monday, November 06, 2006

Walkage

The boyfriend and I went on a slightly longer walk a bit after our dim sum meal. He wanted to go to Montrose Beach and see some birds. I wanted to please him. So we both went. It was a nice day and definitely good for a walk along the lake. We walked and saw this:
That also looked like this:
As well as this:
A wing buried in the sand is an eery thing. Is there a whole bird under there or, you know, just a little bit of bird? We took a short cut through this no longer used docking station type place.
We climbed down and up ladders. I was scared but the boyfriend fortified me with confidence and shame.
We hung out here.

And found some of this.
Then put it all over our faces. I'm waiting for the boyfriend to come home so I can see if I can post the really fabulous shot of him with milkweed eyebrows AND mustache. He may say no.
There were not many birds where the birds were supposed to be. But we did see some geese, ducks and coots.


And, in the end, we went to crazy town (Wilson between Broadway and Sheridan) where we went into a McDonalds due to bladder relief needs and came out with cheeseburgers. Crazy town is really crazy. In the twenty minutes we were in the area we saw:

1) a bunch of homeless people talking to themselves
2) a bunch of people yelling at each other
3) gross things
4) a guy who grrred and acted like he was going to take a bite out of my burger
5) a woman in black tights, blue leotard and boom box dancing on the corner (I couldn't decide if she was crazy or a prostitute...I mean maybe she was just having a good time but, erm, I think not).

I mean really crazy. If five people were walking towards us at least three of them would be of the crazy variety. Or, if you have a problem with the word crazy, um some other more politically correct word. And the thing is that I have never been in a really bad neighborhood. This was not a really bad neighborhood, but it was enough for me to want to get the heck out. Crazy town. Really. You know?

No comments: