Friday, November 24, 2006

Sushi c/o Hama Matsu!

The parents arrived on Monday and as much as the boyfriend and I suggested they eat borscht they were intent on, well, not having borscht. So, instead, we went to Hama Matsu and had some truly lovely sushi.
The father was a bit disappointed when our waitress politely pointed out to him that the sake he had brought (and wanted hot) was actually cold sake and thus, to her, it would be improper to heat it. The mother and I stuck to our Kirin beers which were properly cold and in need of no warming.
I ordered the usual: seaweed salad, ikura, wasabi tobikko. As well as a sushi mold featuring white tuna and wasabi tobikko. In addition to the aforementioned, I also ordered a piece of uni (sea urchin) and super white tuna. I'm not sure that uni is my thing. But I feel I need to give it a few more chances (that's really how it goes with developing a sushi palate ... and how I knew for sure that I do not like octopus).

No comments: