Saturday, November 25, 2006

Lunch at Turkish Cuisine

There's a little lag time with my meals to post time right now. That's mainly because I'm lazy and my parents being in my apartment seems like the perfect excuse to do nothing. Though I did finish a scarf yesterday ... and started a puzzle with the boyfriend the day before. But to the meal we had on, hmmm, Wednesday I believe. We went to Turkish Cuisine and Bakery. We started with the cold appetizer sampler plate. Which had the usuals like hummus, babaganoush and stuffed grape leaves as well as a few less well known treats.

I had the lunch combo #1, which included soup and salad and a half portion of one of their entrees ... all for about seven dollars (it is a super deal, I'm thinking about writing it up for Chicagoist). I had the shepard's salad, gave my soup to my father and the 1/2 portion of the lamb sis kebap. And all was tasty.
The only thing that was weird was our server. She was new and didn't speak Turkish. This led to her not knowing a lot about the food or how to communicate with the cooks. I am not doing a good job of explaining her weirdness. She was weird though.

No comments: