Monday, November 13, 2006

A Rant and Restaurant Outing

Friday was a rainy day. Very rainy. It started off poorly in many a way. Mainly in that I had a plum enrollment time for registering for next semester's classes ... that I managed to fuck up by having a hold on my account. This left me a bit of a teary mess. Teary mess because I, once again, was unable to sign up for the advisors I really wanted. Or at least that's partially true. In the end a friend was able to get one of the women I wanted to work with ... he will then drop the lady in question at the same moment that I pick her up. But the fact remains that I was in the position to get everything I wanted and, instead, I've gotten two things I want. Part of what angers me about this is, of course, that (ultimately) it's my fault that shizz got out of whack. But there's also a little room for me to be angry at something else. The entire reason I couldn't register is because there was a 'hold on my account'. This hold was definitely not there when I checked last week (two weeks ago?). And it existed in the first place because I had underbudgeted how much I owe the school. This is something they have known, or had the ability to know, since September. So my outwardly directed anger is at the office that couldn't have told me long ago of the problem...the office that waited until I was stressed out. Grrr.

Anyways. The day was long and hard and came after a few other long and hard days. So it was nice to finally, even in the rain, get to Zapatista for a dinner with a bunch of Chicagoist folks. The sangria flowed freely ... as did the margaritas.
I tried the tortilla soup (not so great).
And had the chille rellenos for an entree. The relleno was okay but I'm not going to be too enthusiastic about it. Really, the food was not half as interesting as the decor and dinner companions. There were twenty five of us and it was nice.

No comments: