Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Destination Salmon

Months ago I posted a photograph on Facebook of salmon with a parsley pesto that I had made for myself. My childhood friend commented on the photo, expressing her undying love of salmon. This sparked my suggestion she come down to Philly so I could make her some. Weeks later this came to be. I was so excited about her arrival that I put the asparagus on the grill far too early and they became a mushy mess. The salmon, however, fared much better. This time I went for a lemon cilantro pesto with just a touch of parmesan. I made enough pesto that I'm still enjoying it in all manner of things  nearly two weeks later. The weather was good, so we sat out on the deck and caught up with one another. It had been many moons since our tailgating adventure.

No comments: