Thursday, May 10, 2012

Brie, Spinach, Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Frittata

On our last country morning I wanted to fix another egg-centric breakfast dish for us. At first I thought it'd be fun to make a giant omelet. But then I thought it'd be more fun to make more of a frittata. So I scrambled up about half a dozen eggs and a liberal splash of half and half, oiled the skillet with a bit of vegetable oil and then salted and peppered the skillet, poured in the eggs, added asparagus, smoked salmon, spinach, and brie cheese into the mix, cooked on low for a bit, and then finished the whole thing off in the oven.
I'd never really done this before, and I have to say I was quite pleased with the results. Looked great, tasted delicious. I had missed one egg yolk in the initial scrambling and decided to see what would happen if I left it as-is. Not sure if you can really make it out, but it's in the wedge below, and it was a good experiment. The yolk was firm, but still had a little ooze to it. Something I think I may do in a more purposeful fashion in future times.
It was a pretty and warm day, so we ate outside. In the final photography I think you can see the yolk a little more clearly.

No comments: