Sunday, December 04, 2011

Turkey Sandiwch and Porch Swing and Harry Potter Spoiler

The next morning I availed myself of a little of the leftover turkey and made myself a turkey, mayo, cranberry and croissant sandwich. I enjoyed it.
Later on B. and D.'s grandkids stopped by.
It was during this porch swing interlude that one of the twins with a very earnest expression asked me what happened at the end of Harry Potter. I made the ultimately flawed assumption that he was asking about the end of the last movie/book, which even for an adult could make more sense. So (SPOILER) I launch into how there's a part of Voldemort in Harry and the only way to get that out is to allow himself to be killed (that is the deal, right?). They also ask me if Harry will find his parents and the end of the book. Following this interchange it comes out that they have only watched or read the first book. So I have effectively told them the ending while also bringing up the concept of suicide. I always said I was a winner.
Still, on the whole I think they recovered pretty well.

No comments: