Sunday, December 11, 2011

Manapus Adventure and Darts c/o the Bards

Our next destination was in the platypus beak area of our route and took a few moments of confusion to find. I'm telling you, Philadelphia really is quite a bit bigger than one (I) would think. So the next stop was Bulls Eye Dart Supplies. After two or three months of playing darts once a week, I started thinking (against my apathetic nature and way of being) that perhaps having my own set of darts wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually, part of the idea was inspired by my time at Buffalo Billiards. Their bar darts were so terrible I began to realize how nice LW's darts really are, and while I wasn't quite willing to plunk down the kind of cheddar she lays out for her supplies, I did think that perhaps an upgrade from 'no darts' to 'some darts' wasn't the worst idea. So, we went. We talked with the knowledgeable dart man. I threw two different weighted darts in my price range, made a decision and chose a few sets of flights. Here I am taking stock of my purchase.
LW and I had a third stop on our trip: Target. But it was the Pt. Richmond Target, a whole new shopping experience. Well, the layout was certainly different. Then we made it back to our neck of Philadelphia to go on with our respective lives. Later in the evening, however, we met back up and went to the Bards. There my darts had their 'debut.' Owning one's own darts doesn't necessarily make one any better of a player.
Behold. My darts.
Behold my darts again. You can't see it but I'm wearing quite a cute dress and yellow tights along with my boots. No one else really saw it either, but it was an outfit worth a passing glance if you ask me.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

No matter that we can't see the tights or the cute dress, the jacket is cool, the lipstick rocks and you and the resident teen will have to compare notes on haircuts. I am thinking having your own stuff for a hobby or occupation is the way to go. Hence, my own kayak. Darts might be more portable, user friendly, and winterized. Cool.

I love "maps as animals," as a way to travel. Platypus beak manatee fat body, works for me!