Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cocktails, Soup and Sandwich c/o Lemon Hill

While I was on my lake trip my cat was predominantly fed and taken care of by my roommate, but I had also reached out to CPM about possibly covering a day or two when the roommate would be elsewhere. She and her hubby also had plans to go out of town and had asked me if I would watch over Brutus the dog during their absence. So she had a set of my keys and I needed hers and we hadn't seen each other in a while. It was decided we could do a key exchange and catch up at Lemon Hill, and that is what we did. LW also joined us. I got there first and ordered the happy hour beverage of the evening: a traditional dacquiri that I enjoyed.
I was also attracted to their chilled tomato sou (not gazpacho) with bacon croutons. Let me tell you a thing or two about this soup. Thing 1: it was delicious and so freshy fresh in its tomato-ness, but somehow clearly not a gazpacho. Thing 2: bacon croutons are the new everything-that-is-right-with-the-world.
I then deliberated between two different cocktails for a second drink and ultimately asked the bartender to choose between two options. Oh man and I can't remember either of their names and the restaurant's website cocktail list doesn't seem to reflect their most recent summer menu changes. I'll tell you what, it was tasty? I'm useless.
I was also very attracted to the roasted chicken sandwich with bacon, fried green tomatoes, and smoked tomato creme fraiche.The fries weren't all that interesting but the sandwich itself with its thick but toasty bread hit just the right spot.
It was a lovely evening with good company in an establishment that never fails to please.

No comments: