Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pizza and Pretty c/o Cayuga Lake

For the last couple of years I've been lucky enough to be invited up to A.S.'s family lake house on one of the finger lakes: Cayuga Lake. I was 100% presumptuous when I emailed A.S. asking whether she would be at all amenable to my swinging by upon my departure from Champlain, and I can only hope that my actually making good on that suggestion (once I heard her response in the affirmative) was an example of things working out as opposed to me making a really huge faux pas in the etiquette of life. There's nothing to be done now one way or the other, so I'm just going to focus on the positives. Positives like the drive through the Adirondacks I took, most of which were on two lane roads that no one could call anything but scenic. I saw so many pretty vistas and funny little lake towns, but I was pretty focused on enjoying the drive without delaying myself, so there really is no photographic evidence of just how pretty it was. After about five and change hours I arrived at the S. family's house and quickly joined in the conversation, swimming and general relaxation that was taking place there. I hadn't realized that there would be so many faces I actually knew. B.C. was there along with A.S.'s current roommate J., B.C.'s friend from college A. and A.S.'s friend from college too. A very strong group of ladies no doubt.
I asked them all if they had been having the same extremely tempestuous weather each day and they had said generally no. I guess Champlain got more of the strange deluges of rain. But on this particular day there was definitely a storm slowly making its way across the lake. Always neat to see.
But no one would be running inside unless it was really serious.
Pretty cloud we all declared.
The making of the pizza was very collaborative. The result was very delicious.


Salad too, with a dressing that was just right.
The evening concluded with karaoke mostly sung by others, though I gave it a college try with a Patsy Cline song. It's never as much fun to sing Karaoke when there are legitimately good singers in your midst.

No comments: