Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Breakfast c/o Waffle House

We had a service for Mom on a Monday. My godmother, aunt and uncle and cousins came into town, as did a number of good friends, which was quite nice. I thought it would be in 'bad taste' to take my camera with me to the service, ashes scattering or reception though in retrospect it seems sort of silly...as one friend's husband asked when told of my decision 'who was she going to offend?' So there are no shots of the elaborate and wonderful spread that Mom's Sewanee friends put together for us, which included cream puffs, ham and chicken salad sandwiches. Nor are there any photographs of the slightly smaller gathering we had at the house afterwards, where plenty of wine was had and I kept trotting out more and more photo albums of our family's life together. I did, however, bring my camera to breakfast with my aunt, uncle and cousins at Waffle House the next day. I ordered a full breakfast complete with hash browns and sausage patties and demolished it. Then we said adieu to my aunt, uncle and one cousin. I kept K. for an extra day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xcellent luv u D