Friday, November 19, 2010

Beach Drive

I left Tennessee on a Thursday evening to get myself up to Silver Spring on Friday in order to be able to get to the rally on Saturday with no problems. When I finally reached my old stomping grounds it was mid-afternoon, so I took a small driving tour of a few spots I recalled from my childhood. Mostly along Beach Drive. Here is a view of the Mormon Temple, I could see the tops of its spires from my bedroom back in the day.
I had been remembering one or two years when I was really into going to this one pond along Beach and getting frogs' eggs and bringing them back to our porch. While many became tadpoles, none became frogs. But that pond, which was not ever super deep, I'm sure, no longer exists. In its place was a shallow puddle.

I crossed a stream to find the shallow puddle and got sucked into taking pictures of the water. It happens.

Not exactly the same, but awfully close.

No comments: