Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Conflating Nature

I took this photograph a few weeks back. Today I was outside, and there's this big tree, with the sort of bark that looks like it's peeling off itself, but is not, in fact, doing any such thing. I began hearing the sound of geese but when I looked up all I saw were large individual leaves disembarking from the funny-barked tree in tandem with individual goose honks. For a moment I humored myself and thought that it wasn't a flock of geese doing their thing above the heavy, foggy clouds but, instead, each leaf making a goose swan song.

3 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

that's an awesome photo

and your geese-sound/falling leaves experience? you might have found a logical explanation, but i'm going with synesthesia!

Raya said...

Beautiful ,the thought and picture

Robley H said...

How absolutely lovely. A poem.