Friday, November 01, 2013

Eggs with Caramelized Onions and Sauteed Chanterelles

One morning I decided to try my hand at caramelizing some onions. It's something I've never really done before, but a culinary act I did feel I could master with the aid of a fair amount of butter. That assessment was pretty spot on. Butter and patience and not too high a heat resulted in some nicely browned and buttery onions, to which I added chanterelle mushrooms for a little bit more of a cook time before finally adding eggs into the equation. I also thought that a smattering of parmesan cheese wouldn't hurt anything. Pretty tasty on the whole, though I think I could have done without the cheese....um, that may be the first time I've ever suggested not wanting more cheese in my life. First time for everything I guess!

No comments: