Sunday, November 24, 2013

Airport Dinner c/o Chickie's and Pete's

I flew out to Ohio last week for Cuz K. and A.'s wedding. I arrived to the airport earlier than I actually planned and had plenty of time to kill before my flight, so I decided that I'd take a seat at Chickie's and Pete's and grab some grub. This was my first experience with the chain. I ordered their crab fries, which were certainly copious though I might had preferred them slightly crispier. The processed cheese sauce or dip or whatever came with it was dangerously tasty in a kind of forgettable way.
I made a rather huge mistake when it came to ordering a second part of my meal. I don't think I had really eaten much during the day so by the time I was at the airport my decision making abilities were a bit lacking. I chose to get a chicken cheese steak. I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe if I had opted for a buffalo chicken cheese steak, this wouldn't have been the worst decision ever, but I did not take that option. This was just really bland and lacked anything special. Even the cheese wasn't that exciting. I'm sure Chickie's and Pete's is better than this sandwich.

No comments: