Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sushi c/o Shiroi Hana

In the first week of August LW celebrated a birthday. She gathered a few of her folks together for a sushi dinner to commemorate her new age, which was held at Shiroi Hana. MP was among the attendees, which was nice because pretty much the next day she headed out of Philly for an extended stay in Michigan. She will be missed. But at the time we were all there. I was especially interested in having the ankimo, which I've only ever seen at Shiroi Hana's sister restaurant Doma. I'm telling you these monkfish livers or pate or whatever it really is...it's good. It's things like this that make me glad that I'm not an overthinker when it comes to food. If it's good, it's good and I'm not going to worry about the exact body part of the animal it is I'm actually eating.
LW, MP and I split a sushi platter that included a few rolls as well as salmon, tuna, white tuna, shrimp, eel, and a few other fishes.
Pretty good stuff. I think LW had a good time at the dinner and then I know she went out pretty hard at darts later that night. I basically went home satiated.

No comments: