Thursday, September 21, 2006

Spacca Napoli

The other night, a long held (since August) dream of the boyfriend's was finally realized...pizza from Spacca Napoli. All it took to finally get us there was a) two friends getting there before us and b) game night being cancelled.
As for a) exploded viewer and mousehead went there for the former's big 39th birthday dinner.
Game night is a once a week ritual in which the boyfriend leaves the house at night and goes to another house owned by this guy, eats pizza and plays video games with other guys. This is always nice because then I can rot my brain with television without being judged or rudely interrupted. Ah, but game night was cancelled! So it was obviously time to go to Spacca Napoli. We had their antipasto misto (prosciutto, salami, pancetta, cheese and two types of olives) and two pizzas, the pizza margherita and the pizza funghi and [long word that means sausage in Italian]. I also had a glass of wine that was described thusly: 'for people who like Shiraz'...and it was, I like Shiraz and I liked this! The pizzas were thin crusted and well proportioned. The use of extremely fresh mozzarella for the cheese made the entire eating experience different from other pizzas<---lame sentence. The boyfriend and I both found that we liked the Margherita better than the mushroom/sausage, that just tasting the sauce, cheese and basil was enough happy making and that the extra toppings, though excellent, were almost completely unneccessary. If we were to go back I think I would give the four cheese pizza a shot...Emmenthal, Mozzarella, Gorgonzola and, shoot, I forget the last cheese.

4 comments:

Jenerator said...

Where is Spacca Napoli? I love pizza and it looks really good!

cc said...

Ravenswood and Sunnydale...
I also tried to comment on your grocery blog that you should go to Sunflower Markets, it's pretty nice.

Jenerator said...

Thanks, I've been there - I went the opening weekend. The people I was with weren't quite as intrigued with grocery shopping as I am.

Anonymous said...

Salsiccia. Fontina.