Sunday, September 24, 2006

Coq Au Vin And A Run Down Of Thingies

So I've been reading things, writing things and looking at things. And now I will quickly tell you about these things. Brick is a good movie, I think. And that guy who used to be in Third Rock From The Sun has become an attractive man who can act. Watch it.
I've discovered Scrubs. I'm watching the first season on dvd as we speak and I think it's funny...because it is funny.
I've also been reading books. Books like The Known World, a very good and interesting book. I don't know why I bother trying to say things about things sometimes because often I never know what to say.
I read East of Eden for the second time. Man, that's a whole book. I am so on right now.
Yesterday I made Coq Au Vin, I'm going to do a post for Chicagoist. But I'll show you the photograph, even if I won't tell you everything it took to make it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im reading The Known World right now too. I like it, but it sure is a lot of characters to keep track of... and it's not in sequential order so it can be a little tricky... but I still like it.

cc said...

Yeah, the narrative structure is definitely different. By the end I realized how cool it was that he had so many characters--that even those who weren't as large a part of the story had a life that went past the narrative of the story...if you know what I mean?