Friday, June 16, 2006

Queen Mary II, Day Six/England Is Sometimes Pretty But Sometimes Stupid

Our last full day on the ship was on Wednesday. Mom and I had lunch in the Britannia Restaurant, I had a salad and the fish and chips.
This is what my lunch looked like, if you can believe it.

It was finally a bright and sunny day. Still exceptionally windy but, well, with sun.
I tried to get a photograph of the sun setting but I got there too early.

For dinner I had the chicken livers with poached egg, I had some kind of salad but I don't have a photograph of it, I had the Vermont Turkey dinner and finished the meal with a Florentine basket (sugary shaped thingy bob) with fruit and lemon custard.


The night was rounded out with a 10:30 showing of Failure To Launch. The best part of that movie was that Zooey Deschanel girl. But, either way, I was entertained.

5 comments:

Sam said...

So why is England stupid then?
That's a pretty big statement to make without backing it up with some kind of reason, you know, so that cranky old Brits like me can have a good argument with you or something.

cc said...

I'm a little confused as to where I said England is stupid...I don't think England is stupid. Actually, I quite like the parts of England I've seen. I did refer to some English as assholes but that was within the context of Royal Ascot and the two examples I gave were rather 'assholey '. But, as a general rule I'm not big on labeling whole populations on the actions of a few. Writerly license should be taken into account. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

cc said...

Oh! England is stupid when you go to get a rental car and it turns out that there isn't one for you and then you're told to wait two hours and then there will be a car but you'll have to get a taxi to the airport to get it...and then you get to the airport and the person behind the counter has no idea who you are or why you would think you had a car reserved thus you wait in the airport for an additional million hours. That's what I meant by stupid. And it was. g

Sam said...

well - that explains it - I was just left kind of wondering by the title!

I guess I can't argue with that explanation though! :)

sorry that happened to you. I aplogize profusely on behalf of England.

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.