Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Onward

Yesterday my hostesses and I met up with another college chum at a pub/restaurant near his place of work. I had the lunch special that consisted of a house salad and tri colored ravioli with sweet corn, basil and sun dried tomatoes in a cream-a-licious sauce. The college chum had a hamburger that had onion rings and bacon lardon...he ended up not liking it very much. The two hostesses had a cup of Boston Chowder. We then, after walking around a bit, went and saw X-Men III, The Last Stand. Worth seeing in the way X-Men movies are worth seeing...so not the final stand. Afterwards we took the train to their Washington Heights apartment and then I quickly turned around and got in a cab to meet up with my parents in their hotel in order to leave my bags (38 pounds and 10ish pounds respectively) in their digs. Then my parents accompanied me to Grand Central where I met up with my long ago freshmen college housemate turned good friendy friend. She was nice enough to come with me to the Grand Central Oyster bar to meet up with the 'rents. I had four oysters, each different: a malpeque, a bluepoint, a wellfleet and a kumamoto. After that the friend and I departed to her very kick ass apartment in South Slope?? Where we ate macaroni and cheese, gossiped and then I came up with a brilliant idea about mind controlling socks...but I'm going to keep the details to myself until I have a patent.

Now I'm lingering in my friends' apartment until closer to my lunch date with a friend from the boyfriend's college. It's raining and I don't have an umbrella or a rain jacket, whoops!

No comments: