Friday, June 02, 2006

A Little of This and A Little of That

Things I have eaten but haven't been able to photograph:
Hama Matsu sushi
La Tache-scallop appetizer, lyonnaise salad, beef tenderloin, creme brulee
Picnic sandwich and chips
Home rice and beans
I found the best way to prepare frozen corn: with a little salt, sour cream and green tabasco sauce
Sushi Luxe Bento Combination

And many other home made things like the boyfriend's tasty version of pad sie ew, or my veggie burger lunch.

I still eat, you see and yet there's no proof.

When I called the camera place on Tuesday they were completely and utterly vague about when the camera would be ready. This is frustrating because, well because I want it done by Sunday and I realize that's not going to happen. Now I'm going off into the world sans the camera that has treated me so well for the last few years. There is talk that my mother is bringing a camera and if that's the case things may end up all right...unless she (hi mom!) actually wants to use the camera all the time. Then we'll get into fighting matches about it and maybe one of us (probably me) will be pushed unceremoniously off of the Queen Mary II and into the large, unfathomable sea...my mom may not be very tall, but she's scrappy.

Last night I went over to M. Lady and She-Who-Has-No-Blog's for a glass of wine...or several...and cookies. I had thought it was going to be a light socialization evening, as tonight those two fine ladies are throwing a much bigger 'shin-dig' and yet I ended up staying late, drinking champagne and making friends with their downstairs neighbor...whose cousin's wedding I may be attending (this depends on whether the neighbor in question still thinks that's a good idea when sober, she was kind of amazed by the thought of it last night)...and her two dogs, retriever/corgi mixes that were very sweet.

I am rambling at this point. I think M. Lady and I are going to try those new Starbucks breakfast sandwiches this morning and if we don't, I will.

No comments: