Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pizza Dinner in Carversville

While I was enjoying the lovely beer and field times, I was also corresponding with A.S., who had texted me to discuss a possible time for her to return some books I lent her earlier in the summer. I told her she'd be welcome to drop them off in the country, but that I assumed she was visiting Philly so didn't expect anything to come of that suggestion. Turns out she was actually staying at her parents' place, which was only about 30 minutes away from my own country location. When she invited me to join them for dinner, I happily accepted. AS's parents recently moved back to Pennsylvania from Massachusetts, and their new house is really beautiful. I pulled into the driveway behind the house and they were all sitting in the garden/patio, which was just splendidly bursting with flowers and vegetation. AS told me the hummus they were serving with pita chips was some of the best she ever had...I did not take a photograph, but I will say that she was not lying. Dinner was pizza with onions, spinach, maybe sausage? And perhaps one or two other things. Another thing this pizza was?
Delicious.
We sat outside under what I think was a grape arbor? Or maybe not. Salad was also served. Mmmm. Good times. Thanks to the S. family for including me in their Friday dinner plans!

No comments: