Saturday, September 01, 2012

Morning Lake

The whole canoe story is one I need to spend a bit more time writing. It's one of those things where I made a rather stupid decision, and then another stupid decision, and then got myself out of a precarious situation just to become an overly emotional person in a roomful of folks who were having a perfectly lovely evening. Very uncouth and very embarrassing. But also, when told correctly, relatively funny. In any case, the next morning I awoke pretty early so I could start my drive back to Philly. My embarrassment was in high gear as well, so it was proper that I slunk away without saying many proper goodbyes to the G. clan. When I was in high school I wanted to have seven kids. I wanted a house full of noise and family hustle and bustle. As an only child I always felt like there was something to be said for additional family companions. And so I always enjoy spending time with larger families that have, in one way or another, some version of the dynamic I once hoped to create in my own family. At this point, if I wanted to have seven kids I'd have to have at least two sets of twins to get it done before I hit menopause...oh, and I would need to, like, find someone to have the kids with. That really is neither here nor there. The point is that I really am grateful to M. and A. for inviting me into this place and group of folks. Though I am in no way related to any of them, I really enjoy the privilege of spending time with them during their annual family gathering.
This is what the lake looked like in the morning.
Sheesh.

No comments: