Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Perhaps the last lobster I will ever eat


A few months back my father told me about this mysterious condition going around the lobster community...I forget the exact term but I'm going to call it 'Black Shell Disease'. It seems that the lobsters, while still alive, look good enough for eating but once put into boiling water their shells turn black. The meat is still good but the aesthetic is a bit ruined. The boyfriend looked into the possible environmental ramifications of this disease and thinks that eating lobsters is no longer a responsible thing to do. We'll see if I can really go the rest of my life without another lobster. But for now, this was it. Boiled for about sixteen minutes. Served with butter and lemon. A Pouilly Fume (very nice) as the accompanying beverage.

No comments: