Wednesday, February 20, 2013

NYC Salmon and Bagel; Icy Woods Walk

The next morning those of us without gluten allergies enjoyed toasted everything bagels (from NYC of course) along with the salmon pastrami that I asked L. to pick up from Shelsky's, as well as some of their horseradish cream cheese. Honestly the cream cheese could have been more horse radishy and the salmon wasn't quite as delicious as I remembered it from the crazy bagel I had a while back. Though perhaps they didn't entirely live up to my expectations, I won't say that I was actually unhappy. I was very happy.
After breakfast and laying about for a bit, we took another walk adventure in the now snow covered woods.



We had an especially good time breaking ice, of which there were a few different sets. Here you'll see Fatty holding on to a tree while investigating this particular ice pool.
Here you will see me truly thinking that I was about to be eaten by the ice (it was hard to sense how deep it would be once we broke through, so it was a little scary for a second). Poor L. didn't have very warm shoes/socks and even though she was wearing galoshes they weren't 100% water proof.
Ice. Ice. Baby.
Stop. Collaborate and listen. This ice is going to glisten.
My hat in a new configuration.
A lovely morning and afternoon. I was very sad to see the two of them leave shortly after our walk but I was very glad that they had been able to make it at all.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Oh damn it you went there!

Ice Ice Baby indeed. Now it is stuck in my head until the next earworm comes along!

I think I need to try salmon pastrami in a big way!