Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chinese Deliberation

I'm beginning to think I need to find a new favorite "Chinese" dish because the renditions I've been finding in Chicago for the last two years just ain't cutting it. Fried bean curd and broccoli in brown sauce I may have to bid you adieu. Last weekend I ordered Chinese from Mei Shung for the first time. I did this sort of because my mother suggested it. Well, it was more I had called her to tell her about the jobby and she countered with 'now you can go have a nice sushi dinner'...but I, for once, didn't feel like a sushi dinner. I felt like sitting on my ass in my house watching movies while eating Chinese food.
I also ordered wontons and rangoons. None of it was very good but I think that's more because I ordered the dumplings steamed and rangoons aren't really very good ever. And the tofu and broccoli (Mei Shung Tofu) wasn't bad it just wasn't what I actually wanted. I think I may try encouraging a love of lo mein or fun noodles.

No comments: