Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Work of Pure Genius

Well, not really. I have been working on a summer mix. I haven't thought about making mixes for other people in quite some time. My old Powerbook G4's disc burner conked out a few years back, and that made it rather difficult to make CDs for other people. But L. made some fine mixes for her bridesmaids, and it inspired me to try my hand at putting together about an hour's worth of songs perfect for driving and whatnot. Or something. Anyways, I'm still working on the details, but this is what its basic shape and structure has become:

Telephones - Mardeen
To Lose My Life - White Lies
City of Electric Light - Chad Vangaalen
Wide Awake - Heartless Bastards
Grounds for Divorce - Elbow
Love You Baby - Colleen Brown
Look - Solillaquists of Sound
Cornerstone - Arctic Monkeys
I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman - K-Os
Soundtrack to Mary - Soul Coughing
Verbatim - Mother Mother
Hermit the Frog - Marina and the Diamonds
Silvia - Miike Snow
Soft Shock - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
While You Wait For the Others - Grizzly Bear
All Summer - Kid Cudi, Best Coast and Rostam of Vampire Weekend
Hey Ya - Booker T

(I'm not entirely sure that the last three songs will hold, we'll see)

No comments: