Monday, July 12, 2010

Lemon Verbena Brined Salmon and Veggies

I took the day after the wedding weekend off, which was a good call since I wasn't even home on Sunday night. Once I got back I tried a little organization of my space (and failed) and then went to Whole Foods for groceries. I decided that for dinner I wanted salmon, and that I wanted to be responsible and buy the wild caught salmon, not the farmed salmon, even though the price points were radically different. Because of my desire to be a little thrifty, I couldn't get quite the big cut of salmon I would have liked, but I'm not going to cry about it.
I brined the salmon in a salt/sugar/garlic and lemon verbena concoction of my brain and then fake poached it in aluminum foil with some of the brine.
It was good. I plan on doing it again with a bigger piece of fish.

No comments: