Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Astoria Dinner

Sunday after Dim Sum (a healthy group number of 11 attended) a large portion of us (7) wandered around Chinatown for a bit before eventually going to a movie theater and watching The Chronicles of Narnia...which was pretty yucky...I came out with this comment:
Were those kids really the best they could find?

After the movie the boyfriend and I made our way to Astoria to visit with a college friend and her boyfriend. They made us a lovely salad and completely handmade pierogies (both potato and cheese as well as beet).
It was a very nice meal followed by a nice visit in their living room. The boyfriend and I then slept in their spare room. I watched an episode of Lost on their computer thinking it was the first episode of the new season but it ended up being the third or fourth and I was disappointed with myself for not figuring that out sooner. Ah well. I downloaded the first few episodes on to my ipod so I can watch them on the supershuttle/plane/taxi tomorrow as I make my way back to Chicago.

No comments: