Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Late Night Cheesesteaks

After Oscar's I was pretty much ready to go home...I had work the next day and it was way past my bedtime. J. was willing to drive me and M. Lady there whilst the rest of the group headed south for cheesesteaks. His plan was to then meet up with them, which seemed ridiculous: to go north before heading south just to go back north (I mean Philly is a small city, but that's still a lot of late night driving). So, in the end, we all went to Pat's, King of Steaks. I had no cash but Snack Pack was gracious enough to buy me a meaty cheesey sandwich (in retrospect I realize I should have paid him back).
I put hot sauce on it after I took these photographs, and it turns out that the hot sauce is really quite a bit spicier than you might think. I photoshopped these images in such a way that their color doesn't match. I know it, you know it, we all know it.
I like this photograph. I just do.
M. Lady and the iPhone.
We returned home around 3 and I was in bed by 4. Seriously not something I'd like to do all the time any more but, under the circumstances, it was quite fun.

2 comments:

Jac Jemc said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I didn't think I even liked the cheese steak that much at the time, but I can't really stop thinking about it. For real.

cc said...

I feel the same way about cheesesteaks, a little unimpressed at the time but then I see the photographs and I want one all over again.