Saturday, June 06, 2009

One Part Terrified, One Part Prepared

Wednesday (that's the day the chipmunk stuff happened as well) I was vacuuming the same corner that Zul had used to get the chipmunk in line when I moved a curtain a little to see this terribly large spider.
Two years ago I had an experience with a spider down here that still haunts me, so I was prepared. Being prepared, in this case, means running to quickly get a quarter in order to help people gauge the size of this monstrous arachnid. Being prepared, in this case, means knowing that the chances of killing this spider without nine million more popping up were pretty well non-existent.
So I took pictures of the thing then left it alone. I thought about vacuuming it, but then imagined a colony of spiders living inside my mother's vacuum cleaner and decided that was more terrifying than just leaving the spider in the corner, which is exactly what I did.

No comments: