Thursday, April 02, 2009

Primo's Hoagie, We Can't Keep Running Into Each Other Like This

Last week my coworkers felt that Primo's sandwiches were, once again, in order. I agonized over what kind of sandwich to get, remembering the glory of my first Sicilian but also recalling my curiosity over others' chicken cutlet creations. It has been said that Primo's Hoagies does not do well with amendments to their established sandwiches...in other words, it's best not to build your own sandwich from scratch...alas, I had to try: I wanted the chicken, bruschetta and pesto from their 'wacked chicken' but with mozzarella, not provolone, and mayonnaise (over kill!).
In the end my sandwich came without cheese entirely. This was pretty disappointing. The dragon stood sentry by the sandwich thtat did arrive, but I wished he had been a little more useful...maybe going on down to the shop and breathing some hell fire on the sandwich makers when they forgot my cheese. It was still a fine sandwich. The pesto and bruschetta weren't anything super special, but they complemented each other well enough (I would have preferred chunkier tomato bits and a fresher pesto). The chicken cutlet itself was moist and crisp upon arrival, though it soaked up the sauces in which it was squeezed pretty quickly, but that's to be expected.
I also ordered a pickle, which came pre-sliced but not all the way through and was marvelous.

1 comment:

Darts said...

oh but you shall run into each other again, yoooouuuu shaaaaaaaallll!!