Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Rest of Saturday

We returned to J. and J.'s home and then hung out on their back porch for a while. S. and N. got into the sandbox, then N. did a jig with a basket around his neck and a fire engine on his head.




At the end of the jig he seemed momentarily perplexed.
Then we went to the Manayunk Brewery. We had to wait a long time to be seated, and much of the staff seemed utterly confused. He-J. thought that, as a result of beer week, all true managerial types were elsewhere, enjoying brews, leaving only servers and hostesses to muddle through. I had some sort of coffee stout kind of beer.
I also had the ribs. The ribs were fairly good, but not as fall-off-the-bone tender as I had hoped. The french fries, however, are amazing. I don't know what it is about them...perhaps their beer-battered crunch and extra flavor, but seriously they are some good fries. I had a second beer, a Schuykill Punch, which was a fruity concoction that I enjoyed thoroughly. Oh, and they have good pickles. So, basically: Manayunk Brewery is good for its fries, beer and pickles...main dishes not as much.
We walked to the restaurant, which was nice because it was warm and all downhill. We then walked back to their house, which was still pretty nice because it was warm and a good for us, though not nice, because it was all uphill. Once there, a bit of tomfoolery and hide and go seek was had. S. would insist that I cover him up before I counted and found him. I acted properly surprised each time.


Then I went home. It was a nice afternoon and evening. A fine mix of hanging with little ones while speaking with big ones.

2 comments:

claire said...

I'm very jealous at the amount of time you get to spend with excruciatingly adorable children.

that is all.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww. So cute!