Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chicken For Dinner

Last Saturday I roasted a chicken. To my cilantro garlic butter I added a new ingredient: ginger. It perked things up nicely. My mother gave me butcher's string for Christmas, which really makes trussing up a chicken easier...and flipping a chicken, that's easier too. I've found Whole Food's chickens to be quite good on the whole, the white meat is juicy (maybe that is actually a result of my amazing cooking prowess) and relatively plentiful considering the bird hasn't been on steroids for its entirely short life (or I assume this/maybe there's a sign that says it). I do feel, however, that the drumsticks on the last two chickens have not been quite as dense and bountiful as drumsticks I've had in the past. A fair enough trade-off I guess.

No comments: