Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Now Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Sandwich/An Open Letter to the Cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

After work today I called up L. and asked if she might like to take a little iced beverage walk with me. I had a nice upscale version of sweet tea c/o Starbucks, L. had iced coffee. Then we walked to Logan Square (which is a circle). There we saw something unexpected...not entirely unexpected, actually, since I had seen signs near my office about filming happening...except that it said it was happening tomorrow, not today. So. Yeah. We ran into the cast of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (a show I actually watched a fair amount of last summer c/o dvds) do some promo shots (or something) for their upcoming season (maybe, I'm just guessing). You might note that Danny Devito is a cast member of this show.
I might note that he definitely acknowledged L (and by proxy me) in between these photographs. L. and I agree that this may be, in part, because he's kind of short and she's kind of short...but it may also have to do with the fact that L. was looking cute and, forgive me, even I wasn't looking half bad...but probably it was the short thing. Here he did a little dance and pointing number...for whose benefit, I don't know.
Here they are walking. Amazing how they walk, so natural, like they don't even care or nothin'. Except they have to do it a few times, so you have to assume that someone cares a little about how they walk.
I might add that while I watched the show I might have commented to myself about the respective cute-ness of the male leads. One in particular, of course. Cough. Tall guy. Cough, cough.

L. and I then continued our walk. Then we turned back and figured we might as well see if the filming was still going on. It was. So we sat on a bench at a distance. Then all the cast members made their way to somewhere else (I'm thinking vans?) and passed right smack by us. L. and I strongly considered asking Danny Devito if I could take a picture of the two of them...but we chickened out...but he did say, directly to us, as he was walking by: "I don't know why I'm leaving." I interpret this to be a flirtation on the part of Danny Devito...or just friendliness...or a nice mix of the two. L. says that Glenn Howerton smiled in our general direction...I was too busy trying not to look at him to notice.

An open letter to the cast of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia:

Hey remember when you were filming at Logan Square today and L. and I stood and watched you for a few minutes then left...then came back, sat on a bench talked about things other than you (that's true we really did have a unrelated conversation), wished to talk to you and chickened out? Um, can we have a do-over? I'll buy you a limoncello Danny Devito? I'll buy you a beer/water/soda pop remainder of cast? Think about it...we can take a photograph and if we eat something together it'll be on my blog and won't that just be the bee's knees? Yes, I think it will be!

3 comments:

J said...

THAT IS AWESOME.

I am sooooooooo jealous.

Anonymous said...

I got there just as they were packing up. I did see Danny pose with a few graduates, but at that point and distance I thought he was someone's grandmother, for me that was a shot missed. Nice blog, I'm hungry.

cc said...

I'll tell you something. Today their trailers are RIGHT by my building. It's all I can do to not camp out there with my umbrella and insist they drink beer with me...chances are they're all recovering alcoholics...that or they don't mingle with strange girls who blog about seeing them.

Sigh.