Monday, June 16, 2008

Hello Ruby

My mother and I returned to digs closer to the hospital on Tuesday. We went from a Holiday Inn Express, to the cousins and then to Four Points Sheraton. Next to the Four Points was a Ruby Tuesday Restaurant. After a long day of making sure my father didn't do himself any additional damage after a test, we went to dinner at this Ruby Tuesday. I had never been to this particular establishment before. I was expecting it to be a little more TGIF/Applebees than it turned out to be...this may be because it was a weekday or something...but this expectation not being met is actually not a bad thing. It was quiet and lacked in tacky-ness. We both had ultimate margaritas that tasted good.
I had the two mini-slider with salad bar option. The little burgers weren't bad but they weren't good either. You know how that goes. The fries were pretty good.
My mother declared the salad bar one of the best she had seen in a long, long time...everything fresh and appealing-looking as opposed to crumbled, old and gross. I'd have to, overall, agree with her.

No comments: