Friday, September 07, 2012

Feast of the Five Chickens c/o Federal Donuts

Life in the office recently has included some new additions. I thought that it might be nice if we all enjoyed a round of fried chicken and donuts in order to get to know each other a little better/really, come on, any excuse for fried chicken and donuts in the office is winning. So a Monday or so back that's just what happened. I excitedly placed the order for 5 1/2 chickens with varying spice configurations, and an even dozen of fancy donuts on the preceding Friday before the determined Monday meal. Then I took it upon myself to go and pick up the whole kit and caboodle. It took a little longer than I thought, as they didn't actually start frying the chicken til I was there, but the results were, in my humble opinion, quite good. While I waited I enjoyed a complimentary warm lavender donut. It was so warm that I didn't bother with a photograph before devouring it. In the end I came back to the office laden with the tell-tale red striped boxes of the Federal Donuts brand. And what a feast.
There were Z'aatar, Harissa, Buttermilk Ranch, Coconut Curry and Ginger Garlic flavored chicken parts for us to enjoy. Oh yes indeed.
And donuts stretching the gamut of flavors, but certainly including strawberry rhubarb, chocolate coconut, chili mango and fig.
Oh man. Was I pleased. I hope that my coworkers and bosses felt that it was well worth their time away from the computers at a point where we most certainly have work to do. So juicy. So crispy. We had leftovers. I enjoyed cold fried chicken for another lunch or two, and I don't think I was alone.

No comments: