Friday, July 27, 2007

Waffle House Send Off

On Monday the cousin shoved off to Ohio. We all went to Waffle House for one last meal. I had the hash browns covered, smothered and diced (I think...cheese, tomato and onions), two eggs over medium and bacon. And sweet tea. Decent but somehow not as good as the last time. Generally speaking Waffle House does breakfast decently but not superbly. Which begs the question of where breakfast is superbly done. I'm not sure I know the answer. Eggs are eggs are eggs. I know that I always think I'll like the potatoes at WH more than I do. And the meat is always dry. I like my bacon crunchy and verging on burnt but I also like it to have a little bit of, shall we say, give. And I like my sausage cooked and browned on the outside but still a bit moist on the inside. Who knows. What is my perfect breakfast? Is it eggs Benedict? Is it two eggs, some sort of meat and potatoes? It's easy to discern sub-par eggs Benedict but it's harder to nail down a superior eggs/meat/potatoes breakfast. Ah me.

You know what I really miss? Dim sum.

No comments: