Friday, June 29, 2007

Oooky, Scary, Nasty Exploding-With-Babies Spider

Yesterday morning I woke up. I fed the cat. I went to open the back doors for a wee bit of air circulation and that's when I saw this horrifying, terror-inducing sight. It's a spider. I'm not generally scared of spiders, you can't be when you live near or in woods...they're everywhere and that's just how it is. But big furry spiders and spindly legged wimpy spiders are two different things. And as you might not be able to see since the spider wouldn't stay still for me the spider I saw yesterday morning was not so spindly. Complicating my feelings even further was Zul's interest in the spider. Now I don't know for sure, but I think this spider was probably harmless and yet I didn't want the cat messing with it. Beetles? Sure. Crickets? Eat the hell out of them, buddy. But this thing freaked me freaked me freaked me. So I made a split second decision to kill the spider and save myself and the cat. Ah! But, oh my god, how that didn't work out for me. I used a wooden shoe and went SMACK but when I lifted it (with fears that the spider was the kind immune to killing by shoe) what I saw was worse than the spider being alive....the spider exploded! Exploded with nine billion little spiders just like it. It was awful. Haunting. I think I might not conclude the story with what I did next because the spider demons are going to get me. Oh god. It was so, so, so yucky gross. And once again I'm not some girly idiot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man oh man! Once many many MANY did I say MANY MANY years ago I was with the parents and the siblings at the funky Florida lake shack owned by Aunt Betty (and known as Fish Lake), I was but oh seven? And elder brother found a humongo FL spider in the dank bathroom, he whacked it with a shoe and a zillion babies ran out.

I had not thought of that in a long time and had almost convinced myself that the memory was, shall we say, augmented and somewhat creatively inflated.

But no, it has happened again!

Sorry for your icky experience! Thanks for letting me validly remember the exploding spider of my childhood.

Anonymous said...

I saw those for the first time in Mexico .Yeah it is horrifing when you see it expload with babies really like some science fiction movie.
raya

Anonymous said...

I saw thoses in Mexico it like a science fiction movie .You try to kill then it multiplies it self by a hundread.So eww haha