Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowy Yesterday (And Still)

Yesterday was my "early" day. I woke up by seven and was out of the house by seven thirty so that I could get to my nine o'clock class with time to spare (time to do reading for my Thursday class). It was crazy snowing. Though not a blizzard it was intense, especially downtown where the tall buildings encourage strong wind that, then, brings massive amounts of snow straight into one's eyeballs causing them to tear up and be temporarily blind.
This is the view of the 55 Monroe building from the ninth floor of the SAIC Michigan building. You can't tell, but it's snowing...I blame the dirty window.
This was my carbohydrate heavy breakfast: Dunkin Donuts everything bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese.
The snow let up a little after class. Though it was enough for my grad advisor to reschedule our noon meeting.


Our ashtray got lost in the snow and I got obsessed with it.
I decided I needed photographs of myself in the snow. But I was home alone, so this was the best I could do. I think the snow is more of an assumed atmosphere than a presence.

Looking through a chink in the new snow wall at night.
Oh yes, and it's still snowing...in a flurry fat flake kind of way. It makes it very unlikely that I will go to the grocery store for any thing I might need.

No comments: