Thursday, December 21, 2006

Back To Back Gluttony, But No Matter

She-Who-Has-No-Blog gathered some of the troops together (me, the boyfriend, mousehead and exploded viewer) for one last meal before holiday departures (or, in the case of the boyfriend, a permanent defection). We went to M. Henry, a restaurant I have read about in terms of brunch but have never quite gotten around to visiting. I had heard it was very good but also very packed on weekends. I assumed, wrongly, that it was a weekend only spot and so it was a pleasant surprise to learn that one could dine there on a Tuesday afternoon. There were many intriguing meals on their menu (birds in a basket, bean cakes, sandwiches etc) but I went with their breakfast special...this is where the back to back gluttony comes into play...the crabcake benedict.
The hollandaise sauce was better than Ann Sather's though still could have had a bit more bite to it. I guess my preference for the sauce is thick, buttery but with a definite lemon undertone. It was good. But since I recently made my own killer crabcakes I was a little unimpressed by their's. But that's my own fault. I should have gotten pancakes. The boyfriend got pancakes and they were delicious. Yummers. Yummers? Shhhh.

No comments: