Sunday, September 04, 2005

Movies I Watched


Last night I watched The Ballad of Jack and Rose. I found it to be beautiful to watch and interesting to think about. The relationship of environmentalist/idealist Jack and his extremely sheltered daughter Rose is full of love, mystery and familial danger. I found myself questioning whether or not I was rooting for the tight relationship of father/daughter to morph into one of lovers. The story, just a little preposterous, is grounded by the location it is set in and the actors' jobs of really 'embodying' their characters. I recommend it.

I also watched Monster In Law, starring J-Lo and Jane Fonda. I am not ashamed to admit that I laughed out loud a number of times and if you're looking for a light movie, watch this one. Or, if you're looking for a movie where a temp (J-Lo) manages to have enough money to have rather fabulous clothes, watch this one.

No comments: