Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Simple Roasted Country Chicken

At some other time in February I went on out to the country for a little R&R. I figured while I was there I should probably roast a chicken, which I did - first brining it. The result was nicely moist and successful and was accompanied by some small baked sweet potatoes and assorted carrots and roasted onions.
Nothing fancy, but delicious in its simplicity. I can't believe there was a time when I didn't know how to roast a chicken. Now I constantly feel like that's exactly what I should do, as after a day or two of straight up roasted chicken I know I can always create an entirely new thing - curry, stew, sandwich ect- to freshen it up and keep the whole thing from being monotonous. And then there's the stock you can make with the carcass. Delicious, delicious stock.

No comments: