Friday, April 25, 2008

Haircut

On Wednesday my mother and I went to the Hair Gallery for haircuts. I think Rita, the lady who did both of our cuts, did a really great job. People always talk about how hard it is to cut curly hair but extremely straight, limited body hair has its own set of challenges. The other thing that made her such a great cutter was her ability to infer from my rather vague direction what I might want. What I said: I hardly ever use products, so I can't have a hair cut that needs to be styled every day. I'd like something that kind of frames my face. Shorter in the front than the back but maybe shorter in the back too? At no point did I say that I wanted bangs...but I kind of did...and she did it just right. Though she did put some plumper in my hair that made it feel like death and look a little housewifey. I'll take photos without the plumper some time later this week.

My mother likes the photograph below because I'm smiling. I find it so obvious that it's a fake smile that it's strange.



My father had a haircut c/o Rita in the last week or so which means the whole nuclear family has nice, fresh hair.
Yup.

No comments: