Friday, April 13, 2007

Being A Glutton For Oysters Is A Wonderful Thing

So the high school friend (who from here on out I will refer to as "Josie") and her boyfriend (who will forever more be referred to as "The Pussycats") are lovers of oysters in a similarly obsessive way as myself. So it seemed like their last night in Chicago should include a few. So we went to Fulton's and sat at the bar...where we learned they had a happy hour special on their seasonal varieties of oysters (a buck per oyster!). We got a little oyster happy, me especially. Josie was interesting in trying the chicken fried steak sliders. I tried half of one and was, once again, not overly impressed by Fulton's hot food offerings.
We had Stingrays, Beau Soleils, Fanny Bays, Kusshis, Rappahonocks (sp) and a few more. I'm hoping Josie might stop by the blog and fill in the blanks...she took notes as to the ratings we gave each variety. She may not though. So, um, I forget which ones I liked and I'm ashamed.

This is me wooing the oysters, whispering sweet nothings in their slowly dying lack of ears.
And this is me eating them.

No comments: